Tech + Tasting Notes
Champagne Saint Chamant was established in 1930 by Pierre and Hélène Coquillette. Their son, Christian, took over the estate in 1950. Located in Épernay, the labyrinthine cellar was built in the early 19th century stretches a mile, lined with hundreds of thousands of carefully aging Champagne bottles. Christian is a firm believer in extended lees aging, and he disgorges only once the wines have been ordered. All Saint Chamant Champagnes are of a distinctive style and sophisticated quality, reflecting well the elegance and refinement of their maker. They display a heady, old-time richness and vinosity with extremely fine bubbles. These mags are vintage 2000, 100% Grand Cru Chardonnay.