Ch. de la Clapiere Cru Classe Rose Provence 1.5L MAG 2019
We have run out of stock for this item.
After a Roman and Templar period, the castle became the home place of the family De Clapier. A highlight in its history was the visit of Queen Victoria in 1892 that marked its significance forever. In 1928 the Castle of Clapière was bought by the Fabre family and was managed for many years by Mr. and Mrs. Constant. It was in 1954, when Mr. Leonce Constant died, that his wife Victoria took over the management of Château de la Clapière. Transformed, expanded, modernized, the domain regained its notariety and in 1955 the consecration of the title of Cru Classé. Today, the property is still managed by the Fabre family (great-grandchildren). Clay and limestone soil tends the sea border. Property of 53 hectares including 32 hectares of Cru, located in foothills of the Massive des Maures containing a lot of schist in the soil, at the crossroads of the fertile valleys of Sauvebonne and the Borrels, where the vine flourishes among citrus and palm trees under a microclimate.