David Hirsch began planting his vineyard near Fort Ross in 1980, long before the Sonoma Coast was realized as having potentially the best terroir in the county for Burgundian varieties. For many years, the aim was to sell the fruit to other winemakers, including Williams-Selyem, Siduri, and Littorai. Now, almost all of the fruit is bottled under the Hirsch Vineyards label. Many great winemakers have made the Hirsch wines, including Vanessa Wong, Ross Cobb, and Anthony Filiberti.
In 2017, Jasmine Hirsch, David’s daughter, took over as winemaker and will continue to steward Hirsch’s bottlings of individual parcels, as well as the ‘San Andreas Fault’ estate cuvée.
• Practicing Biodynamic
• 100% Pinot Noir
• Fruit sourced from 45 distinct farming blocks of Hirsch Vineyard
• Each block farmed, harvested, and vinified separately
• Vines planted between 2002-2007 (55%) and 1990-1996 (45%)
• 42% whole cluster inclusion
• Aged in French oak barrels
• 12.9% ABV
You have no items in your cart