Need Advice? 631-537-2800
$0.00 0

Saint-Chamant Blanc de Blancs Brut NV

Grape: Chardonnay
Region: Burgundy
Appelation: Champagne

Champagne Saint-Chamant was established in 1930 by Pierre and Hélène Coquillette. Their son, Christian, took over the estate in 1950. Located in Epernay, it's a very ordinary house with no sign, nothing that would reveal its' labyrinthine cellar, built in the early 19th century, is a mile long and absolutely packed with Champagne bottles. The charming, moustached, and now elderly Monsieur Christian Coquillette is a firm believer in aging Champagne and it is hard to say how many bottles he has in his cellar, but most likely in the hundreds of thousands! Christian exploits 11.50 ha of vineyards (almost exclusively Chardonnay) in Chouilly, a village classified as Grand Cru in the Côte des Blancs, as well as a small amount in Épernay. The vineyards are planted on limestone soil, growing on 10 inches of arable earth and directly on the "roche mère" or mother rock made of chalk descending for tens of meters. The characteristic of the sub-soil adds to the expression of aromas from the fruit and creates a refined wine. Saint-Chamant specializes primarily in Blanc de Blancs. They do make a rosé; however Chardonnay is the dominant grape, making up 92% of the blend. The remaining 8% Pinot Meunier gives the champagne its color. Their champagnes are of great quality, very age worthy, with extremely fine bubbles. They are regularly awarded medals by the Concours Général Agricole de Paris (a leading competition in France, established in 1870!) as well as the Guide Hachette.

Also Recommended:

View all
Hardin Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
Only 11 left!
Hendrick's Gin 1L
12+ In stock
Casamigos Blanco 80° 750ml
Only 9 left!
Robert Sinskey Vineyards Los Carneros POV 2016
Sold Out
Left Continue shopping
Your Order

You have no items in your cart

My Cart